Experienced. Sophisticated. Effective.
Kavita M. Goyal
- Employment Litigation
- Employment and Discrimination
- Business Advice and Counseling
- Administrative Law Before the State Board Of Licensing
- Civil Litigation
Is a partner in Rosen & Goyal, P.C. She leads the firm’s employment practice, representing small-to-mid sized businesses, as well as individuals, in civil litigation, advice and counseling. She focuses on discrimination, harassment, accommodation requests, leave management, retaliation, and wage and hour issues. Her experience representing both companies and employees provides Kavita with a unique perspective to effectively position her client right from the start, as she accurately anticipates the other side’s moves, often before they do.
In her practice, Kavita prepares and reviews employee handbooks, employment contracts including severance agreements and non-competes, conducts workplace investigations, and assists businesses with audits by the Attorney General’s Office.
She routinely appears before the state and federal courts as well as administrative agencies such as the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination, and the United States Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
Kavita also spends a portion of her time counseling medical and dental practices, as well as home health agencies, with their ongoing business needs, such as drafting contracts, and responding to audits by the Attorney General and Dept. of Labor, MassHealth and private insurers. She regularly represents physicians, dentists and other professionals before the Commonwealth of Massachusetts licensing boards including obtaining licenses and responding to Board complaints.
Finally, Kavita handles other civil matters for her clients as well, such as partnership disputes, construction and real estate litigation, and legal guidance regarding business formation and expansion.
- Jackson Lewis, LLP, Associate
- Boston College Law School, Boston, Massachusetts
- Barnard College, Columbia University
- U.S. District Court District of Massachusetts
- Lawrence Bar Association, President, 2020 to Present
- Massachusetts Bar Association, Labor And Employment Section Chair, 2019 to Present
- USA500 Clubs, Merrimack Valley Chapter, Member For Employment Law
- Merrimack Valley Chamber of Commerce, Member
- Town of Andover, Commission on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, Chair, Present
- The Arc of Greater Haverhill-Newburyport, Board of Directors - Vice President
- Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly, Top Women of Law, 2021
- Massachusetts Bar Association, Labor and Employment Law Conference: Updates in Employment Law, June 2021
- Massachusetts Bar Association, Health Law Conference: Ethical Concerns in Conducting Internal Corporate Investigations, December 2020
- MassBar Practicing with Professionalism Course, September 2019
- Merrimack Valley Estate Planning Council: Top Ten Mistakes in Employment Law, September 2019
- Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education, Annual Employment Law Conference: Updates in Contract, Tort, Wage and Hour, and Legislative Update, Dec. 2021